||Load the phosphene drawing dataset from [Beyeler2019]|
fetch_beyeler2019(subjects=None, electrodes=None, data_path=None, shuffle=False, random_state=0, download_if_missing=True)¶
Load the phosphene drawing dataset from [Beyeler2019]
Download the phosphene drawing dataset described in [Beyeler2019] from https://osf.io/28uqg (66MB) to
data_path. By default, all datasets are stored in ‘~/pulse2percept_data/’, but a different path can be specified.
Retinal implants: Argus I, Argus II Subjects: 4 Number of samples: 400 Number of features: 16
The dataset includes the following features:
subject Subject ID, S1-S4 electrode Electrode ID, A1-F10 image Phosphene drawing img_shape x,y shape of the phosphene drawing date Experiment date (YYYY/mm/dd) stim_class Stimulus type used to stimulate the array amp Pulse amplitude used (x Threshold) freq Pulse frequency used (Hz) pdur Pulse duration used (ms) area Phosphene area (see [Beyeler2019] for details) orientation Phosphene orientation (see [Beyeler2019]) eccentricity Phosphene elongation (see [Beyeler2019]) compactness Phosphene compactness (see [Beyeler2019]) x_center, y_center Phosphene center of mass (see [Beyeler2019]) xrange, yrange Screen size in deg (see [Beyeler2019])
New in version 0.6.
Changed in version 0.7: Redirected download to 66MB version of the dataset that includes the fields
- subjects (str | list of strings | None, optional) – Select data from a subject or list of subjects. By default, all subjects are selected.
- electrodes (str | list of strings | None, optional) – Select data from a single electrode or a list of electrodes. By default, all electrodes are selected.
- data_path (string, optional) – Specify another download and cache folder for the dataset. By default all pulse2percept data is stored in ‘~/pulse2percept_data’ subfolders.
- shuffle (boolean, optional) – If True, the rows of the DataFrame are shuffled.
- random_state (int | numpy.random.RandomState | None, optional, default: 0) – Determines random number generation for dataset shuffling. Pass an int for reproducible output across multiple function calls.
- download_if_missing (optional) – If False, raise an IOError if the data is not locally available instead of trying to download it from the source site.
data (pd.DataFrame) – The whole dataset is returned in a 400x16 Pandas DataFrame